If you want a memorable open house that stands out against the rest, there are a handful of things every seller should do.
One of the best ways to get potential buyers and their realtors into your property is to host an open house. Unfortunately, they’ve become a bit more complex than they used to be. While hosting a standout open house can feel overwhelming, it’s not nearly as daunting as it seems. A successful open house means creating a memorable open house and making it stand out against the other homes on the market. But how do you do it?
Continue reading to find out more.
5 Tips for Creating a Memorable Open House
As buyers look for their next home, they are probably touring multiple properties every day. This process can feel overwhelming, and the details of each house can start to blend together. Thankfully, by implementing the following tips, you can make your open house memorable and stick out amongst the rest.
- Take Advantage of Advertising — One of the most important things you can do for your open house is to advertise! Today’s technology makes it easier than ever to get the word out about your open house. Not only should you always include open house details in your online listing, but you should also use your social media platforms to your advantage and gain even more traction.
- Schedule for the Buyer — As you begin to plan your open house, it’s essential to think about the buyer’s schedule. Most people have daytime commitments and obligations, so weekday evenings or weekend mornings may accommodate and ensure better attendance.
- Include Virtual Tours — Between the current pandemic and busy schedules, potential buyers can’t always make it to your scheduled open house. But when you post virtual tours, you can get more buyers looking at your property. Moreover, non-locals will be able to check out your home, too! The more people you can get participating, the more likely you are to have a successful outcome.
- Know Your Stuff — It is essential to know all you can about the property. This may require some homework before holding your open house, but it is imperative to be ready to answer a myriad of questions including, how many square feet the house is, when the roof was replaced, and how old the house is. Knowing your stuff will leave a long-lasting, positive impression on buyers.
- Stimulate Buyers’ Senses — When planning your open house, make sure to take into account your buyers’ senses. Human feelings can trigger memories, and using this science to your advantage can pay off. Make sure the property is visually appealing, clear of clutter, and well-staged. Set the tone for your property by playing soft music that fits the style of the house. And, lastly, make sure your home smells comforting and welcoming. You can accomplish this by using air fresheners, baking fresh cookies, or putting out fresh flowers.
Skip the Memorable Open House and Contact Joe Homebuyer Triad
Hosting a memorable open house can help sell your Greensboro, North Carolina home faster, but it isn’t always a sure thing. If you want to sell your home quickly and skip the traditional listing method altogether, contact the experts at Joe Homebuyer Triad today. We want to buy your house in its current condition for cash — no need to clean or make any repairs or renovations. Get your all-cash offer and contact us today!